I notice that I haven’t been showing up for myself lately in the way I intend to. Maybe you’ve been feeling that way too?
I thought maybe because it’s Summer and I just want to play. But that’s an excuse. There’s always something deeper going on when we, dare I say, abandon ourselves.
If you’ve been feeling like me lately, don’t worry. I have contemplated what could be going on and came up with 5 things to consider that may help you START to show up for yourself right away.
I did a Facebook live in the Multi-Passionate Moms Club FB group which you can watch here if you prefer video.
Take a moment to rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 with how much you are showing up for yourself currently. Don’t judge, just notice.
If you are anything less than an 8, or if you expect that you may not show up for yourself at some point in the future, read on.
Consider these 5 things:
- You not showing up for yourself is not just about you. Wo are you impacting when you do or don’t show up for yourself? Your kids, your spouse, your clients? Consider the impact of your choice.
- It’s about something bigger than you. What is your WHY? What is your bigger purpose for wanting what you want but aren’t currently following through on? Perhaps you want to show up for your health because you want to be around to see your children and grandchildren grow up. Or maybe you care deeply about helping people make better choices so they don’t have to suffer. Or something else. What is your heartfelt, compelling reason for showing up?
- What’s the cost of you continuing to not show up for yourself? Your health? Your dream? Your happiness? Your confidence? Is it worth it?
- Notice the “Gremlins” who are trying to keep you from showing up for yourself. They are the recurring limiting thoughts and beliefs that may show up as reasons for not doing what you actually want to do. They might sound like, “I’m too tired”, “I will look bad”, “I might fail”, “I’ll do it later”, “I need more education, certifications, etc”, blah blah blah. This are your clues as to who’s running the show.
- Make an empowered choice. That’s right it’s a choice. Make your WHY and your compelling reason greater than your desire to be comfortable, liked, play small, predictable, and anything else that holds you back from fully showing up for yourself.
You deserve to show up for yourself in the way your children deserve to be shown up for, your clients deserve and what the world requires of you. You are here to be the fullest expression of yourself and make a difference while doing it.
Please comment and let me know in what area you are ready to show up for yourself right now. I’m with you.